Writing a prenuptial agreement - ægtepagt may be important from the point of view of the family life. The agreement can be signed both before and during the marriage.
REASONS FOR WRITING A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT:
1. when you are planning to marry;
2. if you have children from the previous relationship;
3. if you are running a business and you want to secure your property in case of insolvency;
4. if there is a considerable difference in the worth of the property of the spouses;
5. if the spouses want to secure their property in case of divorce;
If you are not married but you own a real estate or any other kind of assets with your partner, you may also sign an agreement to secure your possessions separately in case of breaking up. This kind of agreement between the two non-married is samejeaftale or samlivsaftale.
The cost of the registration of a prenuptial agreement is 1.660 DKK.
It is in your interest to invest in writing the document to avoid complications. Hiring a lawyer who will prepare a prenuptial agreement for you is a guarantee of its accuracy and the assurance that your interests will be protected.