When buying an apartment, it is necessary to take into account the costs of insuring the property. With obligatory and optional insurances available, learn what kind of insurances may protect your home.


Home insurances can be divided into:

  1. husforsikring – a joint home insurance covering all apartments in the building; it protects the building as a whole;
  2. indboforsikring – an individual insurance policy covering all owner's belongings in the apartment;
  3. ejerskifteforsikring – an individual insurance against hidden defects offered by the seller to the buyer.

Husforsikring – a joint home insurance covers flooding, fire and other damage caused by an incorrect or outdated electrical or hydraulic installations as well as by natural phenomena or the acts of vandalism. Husforsikring usually covers also legal advice in the case of a claim for compensation if such advice is necessary.
Optionally, we can also insure window panes, sanitary fittings. We can add protection against damp, mould, damage of installations caused by rodents or other animals. Husforsikring is obligatory and is paid by all residents of the building. Its cost is included in the rent and is paid every month to the cooperative. It is the residents who decide during the general meeting on the choice of the particular husforsikring out of the available offers. There also exists a possibility of buying an individual policy against the above mentioned events for a single apartment.

The indboforsikring insurance covers movable items of the owner and his or her relatives that are in the apartment, for example bicycles, household appliances, furniture, clothes, jewellery and other.
This insurance protects the above mentioned items against theft, flooding, fire and other events.
Indboforsikring often includes a clause providing for the coverage of the costs of a lawyer if the need to seek legal advice arises, and the protection of movable property the dwellers take when they travel.

Ejerskifteforsikring occurs rarely in home insurances. The policies are usually drawn up for the apartments in smaller cooperatives, with few apartments as well as for the houses having an apartment status. Ejerskifteforsikring is a private and optional kind of insurance.

The individual insurances indboforsikring and ejerskifteforsikring are chosen by the owners of the property. It is worth stressing that the insurances offered by insurance companies may differ depending on the individual situation of the insuring person, thus, in order to obtain the amount of the insurance premium it is best to ask several insurance agencies for the offer to compare them in terms of their financial and substantial aspects.

1000 Characters left


If you want to use our serices, fill ou the form* - we will contact you and your real estate agent.


Nieprawidłowe dane
Nieprawidłowe dane
Nieprawidłowe dane


Nieprawidłowe dane
Nieprawidłowe dane

* completing the form does not oblige you to use our services

Nieprawidłowe dane


Legal note

The publisher of the House in Denmark service is the Advokat Thomas Refning Poulsen law office located in Herning, Denmark. The use of the content of the Service is voluntary, free of charge and generally accessible.
The House in Denmark service is to be considered informative only and does not replace legal advice based on an individual case of the Users or the persons interested in the advice. The Service shall endeavor to provide reliable information in conformity with the applicable law in Denmark and current circumstances on the property market. The Service disclaims responsibility and liability for the consequences of the decisions made by the Users or third parties based on the data and contents of the service, articles, opinions or comments available on the Service.
Unless otherwise stated, the publisher is the proprietor and the author of all contents provided by the Service. The publisher does not give consent for copying or distribution of the contents of the Service for commercial purposes.
Go to top